Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Happy Birthday, Mary!


I don't really have the words to describe what Mary's friendship means to me. When I think about my life, she is always part of it. Good times, bad times, rough times, happy times. Laughing, crying. World events. Births, deaths and everything. People have often commented to me how they envy my friendship with Mary and wish they had one like it. I know how incredibly lucky I have been -- from way back on that day in September 1967 when we met until now. She was 18, and now she's 65 and neither of us can believe it. But through it all, we weathered whatever came our way together. Happy Birthday, Best Friend and all the best to you all year long.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY. I am one of the envious ones. You and Pat share something very special. I wish you health, wealth, and happiness...and a really great day!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Just think, 2 more nights and you and your tiny little scab will be home.

Love ya! Stephanie

Mary said...

I'm lucky to have you as a friend too, Pat, and I think of that often.

Barbara said...

Happy birthday, Mary!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Mary! You both deserve each other... In the kindest of ways :)!

Mary said...

thanks everybody!