Thursday, May 8, 2014

The beat goes on

This was a horrible morning. No aide ever showed up for me so no shower, no washing, no toothbrushing. I noticed when they brought my pills, that there was one missing. When she returned, I asked about it and was told that no, all pills were there. I said I get two shiny capsules -- one blue and one pink and one of them was not there. No, it was there. Finally I said, I'm not going to argue with you about this.

Later they brought this LPS -- liquid protein suplement -- which is horrible -- a shot glass of yellow goo and I just said no, I'm not taking it. I missed PT this morning totally, waiting for my three seconds of the wound care doctor. My bedsore guess was 0.1 centimeter off. The measurement was 1.1 x 2.2

My bathroom door is again blocked by the screamer. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

When I went to do my nebulizer treatment this morning, I saw the machine had been unplugged, evidently to plug something in for the screamer.

Her TV has gone non-stop, full-volume all morning. In addition this morning as I was thinking I couldn't take the noise much more, they set off the fire alarm bells which went on for about 20 minutes. It was pretty much more than I could take. What I wouldn't give for 10 minutes of silence.

Lunch arrived and it was one of the disgusting meat pattys... and the horrid broccoli mixture. They name it a different thing but it's essentially the same thing -- today it was "scandinavian mix" but it's bad broccoli with something else.

I will say this: an aide took pity on me and my lunch and went to the kitchen and got me the alternate lunch.

three hours later....

So now I have a "discharge meeting" scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30 and I had a nice, fruitful meeting with the therapist who I really like and was very helpful, really. So now the screamer has been out of the room and I've had blessed silence for at least an hour. I don't even want to turn on my own television.

to be continued...

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh it all sounds so dreadful. All I can say is please hang in there, because you'll be out soon! I will call you this weekend.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you Patty as you endure this horrible ordeal. I hope the discharge meeting goes smoothly and you are home enjoying your much-deserved egg drop soup soon! xoxoxo Abby