Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I'm Cable Ready... And Then Some

In review, I lost the cable that connects my camera to my computer. Search high and low, even under the bed. Couldn't find a cable, couldn't borrow a cable. Ordered two from Amazon. 99 cents each plus $9.95 shipping. Arrived today. Yippee. Two cables!

I then go to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee... (my first since my return) What? what's that? Lying on the top of my K-cup basket of K-cups is the blankety-blank blank blank lost cable. Did you ever just hold something in your hand and stare at it as if you can't believe your own eyes?

Well, now I have three cables, the original and the two news ones (which are the right fit). I guess I'm set for now.

PS: I have no earthly clue how that cable got in the kitchen, much less in with the K-cups... I know! I'll blame it on a mouse!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Here's an idea: keep one at home, and put one in your travel bag, so you'll always have it while traveling! (Not sure what to do with the 3rd one though.)

Pat said...

That's my plan. In fact, I have that Brooklyn Bridge pouch/bag that you gave for Christmas two years ago. I keep my phone charger, camera charger, a USB stick, the camera cable, etc. in it so I thought I'd have one out at my desk and put one in that bag. The third? Hmmmm... I'll have to think about that. I like having everything together and how packing (like banking) has changed over the years -- now it's all about cables, connectors, and cords!

Mary Mc said...

I would say you could leave one here but you'll probably by a new camera before you're here more than a few times and the charger will of course not work with the new camera. Maybe you could put the third one in a drawer in your bedroom just to secure it for back up purposes?