Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pie Time!

It's been really cold for the first time and it reminded me of pies and comfort food. Here's what's happening in Fond du Lac:

STEWED CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS      
Lightly Hand-Breaded HADDOCK FILLETS


Flavorful SALISBURY STEAK
DEEP FRIED SHRIMP

  SMOKED SAUSAGE with German Potato Salad

DEEP FRIED CHICKEN

A special every Tuesday:  ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT WINGS, Traditional or Boneless
   

Desserts-of-the-Day

PEACH PIE 


GRAHAM CRACKER CREME MERINGUE PIE 


FRENCH BLUEBERRY PIE

HOT MINCE PIE with Rum Sauce


PUMPKIN PIE with Whipped Cream


WALNUT PIE

APPLE PIE
 
I think I'd go with the chicken and dumplings special with a piece of pumpkin pie and a piece of French blueberry pie to take home

. I don't really care what makes it French, but let me check. French Blueberry Pie appears to have a crumbly crust and crumbly, streussel type topping. This makes my mouth water:

Can't decide if I'd want whipped cream (don't you hate when people call it 'whip cream'?) or ice cream. I would definitely want some coffee to go with this pie. Nice fresh coffee.

 






2 comments:

Mary said...

From South Africa:
Michelle - haddock and peach pie
Tom - Salisbury steak and peach pie
Meredith - fried chicken and peach pie
Dave - haddock and blueberry pie
Mary - haddock and blueberry pie

Pat said...

Your order will be right up!