Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mary Heads Back up North

She writes: A couple pictures inside the Orlando station on my way home. I love the curves of these benches. The station was built in 1926 and it feels like that time except for the big screen TV, the ATM, and the Quik-Trak ticketing machine. This would be a lovely place if they did some serious refurbishing.

Mary added later after sitting there for a while:

The more I sit here the more i see how much someone/ some people care about this station. The tile floor is spotless and polished, the benches have a deep lustre to them, and you can see clearly out the big windows. The bathrooms could be modernized but they really take care of this place.

Now Mary signs off for the night -- the salmon apology is that Mary loves it and I hate it, and if there is salmon in any form on a menu -- stew, filet, soup, quiche, sandwich, fried, boiled, baked, on a bed of anything -- lentils, spinach, winter vegetables -- Mary will order it. And, of course, I have to comment on that every time.

She writes:

It was a good conference and now I'm happily on the train heading home. I had salmon for dinner (sorry Pat) and it was pretty good, with rice and vegetables. It started to rain and I have to say that's very pleasant although it's dark already so I can't see much. I think I get in around 4 tomorrow.

Good night from the Silver Star.









No comments: