Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Last Night In Daytona

I have become totally spoiled by going to sleep with ocean breezes and the sound of the surf. Our meetings were over by 2, and just me and another woman remained. We made a plan to go our separate ways and meet for dinner at 6:30. Came back to the room and did some work, and about 4:30 I got drowsy and thought I'd lay down for a bit.

Next thing I know the phone is ringing and my buddy is calling me from the restaurant, wondering where I am. I just plain conked out. Between the gentle breeze, the surf, my own comfort and then it started raining, I was dead to the world.

I really apologized and dashed out the door. When I got there to the restaurant (in hotel), I said, "I'm so sorry but I'm glad it's just you" which sounded worse -- like you don't matter, but I meant that it was a peer, not a boss type whom I kept waiting. So we sat at a nice table overlooking the beach. Oh man, I'm going to miss these views:







This is the view from this afternoon lying on my king size bed doing some work... and I had the breezes, the sound of the waves... it really does change my entire outlook. Of course I want to go home, but I wish "home" had ocean views like this.

So tomorrow it's home again, and I'm looking forward to the presidential debate! Bonus photo: this is from Jill, Mary's neighbor who is in Turkey. This is her view from a place where she had lunch. I could sit still for this view too.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The views are gorgeous. You could have similar views if you moved to Florida in a condo on the beach. My friend and her beau bought a condo in Clearwater and are so in love with it. It is right on the beach. They still live in N.Y. and work there. They are in their early 50's and now when they go back home, they hate it. They are looking for a way to come on down permanently. They were here a few weeks ago and they visited us. It sure was nice to see a friend from up north.

Safe home,
-+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-+ This was Kali stepping on my keyboard.

Stephanie