Monday, January 19, 2015

Pick a Dessert


From another restaurant news release for its Valentine's Day dinner:

CRÈME BRÛLÉE AU CHOCOLAT  VALRHONA ET CARAMEL FLEUR DE SEL - 8
chocolat "fleur de sel" sea salt caramel creme brulee -  valrhona french chocolat powder
with Raspberry Sorbet. "best dessert highlight of 2011" richmond.com
 
Pat says: Creme Brulee is my #2 favorite dessert, with the #1 being profiteroles with vanilla ice cream and warm fudge sauce.  The best creme brulee I ever had was a warn coconut one that I can still recall. This one sounds good, and I like that added rasberry sorbet.

SELECTION DE TROIS SORBETS MAISON DE FRUITS FRAIS- 8
daily selection of homemade fresh fruit sorbets   
pure ripe seasonnal fruits, no preserve or additive, pastry chef's choice    
 
Pat says: I have to say that homemade sorbets and fresh fruit really does appeal to me. Not decadent but I bet this is wonderful.   
 
SORBET DE CACAO VALRHONA AU ZEST D'ORANGE CONFITS - 10
valrhona cocoa sorbet with candied orange peals     
smooth and rich in bitter sweet coca
 
Pat says: I'll pass on this one as I don't like bittersweet chocolate.
 
And you?

1 comment:

Mary said...

I agree with you except I would love the cocoa dessert since chocolate and orange are so good together