Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Slow Drain

Now that the water is turned on, I turned my attention to another home problem -- the shower/tub that I'm using has a very slow drain -- ankle-deep water by the end of the shower.

The same thing had happened a number of years ago in my other bathroom and after repeated, semi-monthly drano treatments that went on for too long, I finally paid someone to snake the drain and I haven't had a problem since.

So I go to Craigslist, find the drain snakers -- oh good, this is easy -- here's one -- $49.50 and he says in his ad that he is always on time and the work is guaranteed so I call him and get a voice mail saying his mail box is full. OK.

On to the next ad, sounds good, a bit cheaper, but there is absolutely no contact info -- no phone, no email, no automatic craigslist response.

How bright can you be if you run an ad with no means of responding? Guess I'll wait for the first guy to empty his mailbox.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Fwiw the super said he would do it so long as he got paid, whatever that meant

Barbara said...

We had a slow shower drain for years and years, and finally solved the problem with a product called "Hair Clog Blaster" -- it is a globby gooey stuff that you put down the drain, and 15 minutes later VOILA! Rather than waiting for those plumbers to call back, it might be worth a try.