Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday, again

My day began with physical therapy whereby I walked to the front door of my building, down the steps, down the block a bit and back. It felt good to be out in the world. I get impatient sometimes with the  pace of progress and even though the rational side of me knows I've made leaps and bounds (ok, not literally), I'm tired of being not 100%. I really do like my physical therapist and he has five more insurance-paid for visits.

Just for annoyance, I am still trying to get the faucet in my garden turned on. It's only been two months, a half dozen phone calls to the super, two phone calls to building management company and then today I got angry. It takes a lot to get me that way, but I just plain don't know what else to do.

Brad was telling me today about ordering a dining room table that came with four chairs, and they ordered two extras which were supposed to come in 10 to 12 weeks. You know, you believe them, you say OK, you say OK, I can wait, but that time has come and gone with all the BS promises of "Oh, any day now" or "Your chairs are on the truck" blah blah blah. He went to the store on Sunday and forced them to admit they have no idea whatsoever when the chairs may be here. He asked, "Is that your final position?" and they said yes, and he asked for that in writing. Meanwhile, another customer who had spent way more money was having the same problem.

I don't know what the takeaway is -- don't believe anything a store tells you? We decided that we should check the store out before making a purchase, for when he Googled it, he found a bunch of customers in various phases of litigation. Why does this all have to be so tedious and difficult?

Anyway, today was a gorgeous early summer (late spring??) day and I am happy to be alive and well and living in New York City.

No comments: