Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What Makes Me Feel Old

I was reading a story about a 13-pound baby born in PA... the kid looks like he's three months old! And I came upon this sentence:

"When I polled all the pediatricians from this hospital, some of them whom date from the early 1980s, there's never been a baby on record that's this size," Sword said.

To me, the "early 80s" doesn't seem that long ago... I would feel more comfortable if it said "early  50s" or "early 60s" -- I might even be ok with "early 70s."

2 comments:

Mary said...

wow. I guess we have to remember someone our age could be beginning their medical career in the early 80s. Graduate college in 71, graduate medical school in 75, internship (how long?), residency, specialty training and all of a sudden it's the 80s. and those people are now in their 60s. Hmmmmm

Barbara said...

Here's what makes me feel old: in my class tonight, none of my students had ever heard of George Carlin. Of course not, they were born in the mid-90s.