Thursday, July 24, 2014

Almost Ready for Departure

I typically pick the rental car up at 10 am, but I thought that with my cane, my suitcase and getting a cab, it would be easier to pick the car up today, park it, and so tomorrow morning all I have to do is take my suitcase to the car, no worries about getting a cab.

And that's what I did. Today was the first day I'd gotten in and out of a car well... I'm thinking... since December. Of course, all went well. The other thing that went well is picking up a car at 2 pm. When I do it in the morning, there are typically 3 or 4 people ahead of me and it can take more than an hour to get out of there. Today I was in and out in 3 minutes.

I drove the car to the parking garage on my block and am pleased with myself. I had also found a coupon for a free rental day when I was decluttering papers and it actually worked... so I feel like I got today for free anyway.

I am 95% packed and ready. I have two books on CD, all the cords and chargers (I think!), my car pass, my medicines, underwear -- the whole enchilada.

Speaking of Mexican food, Marilyn packed my bag in what she calls "Burrito packing" which means she rolls stuff. Very interesting and she'd done that once before for me and it's amazing how many fewer wrinkles your clothes get.

I have my camera so I'll be live blogging all the way to Fond du Lac.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Bon Voyage! Travel safe and I look forward to the blog reports!

Mary said...

Here's to good weather and friendly people
Enjoy your trip.

Barbara said...

I'm glad the car pick up went so well. Have a great trip!

Melissa said...

Bon Voyage! Travel safe and I look forward to the blog reports!