Saturday, July 18, 2015

Day Two

Now I'm midway through Indiana and arrive in Oshkosh tomorrow. The worst part of today was a severe thunderstorm that I drove through... it takes a lot to scare me driving, but I was heading toward scared... when the rain is so heavy, you literally can't see past the hood of your car. Cars were pulling over and to me that seemed more dangerous. I'm afraid of being hit on the side of the road... so I was going about 25 miles an hour and telling myself that it couldn't last forever. And then there were the jerks who didn't turn their headlights on...

Anyway, here are some pictures of the storm aproaching:

those aren't blue mountains in the distance -- that was the storm.

getting darker
heading toward the storm
very ominous
Here's the room... king size bed, refrigerator, microwave, table and chair and decent TV. Tomorrow it's on to Oshkosh.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oolong... Scary looking! I struggle with pulling over vs trucking on too... I always think even at a slow speed you will get through it faster than if you stop 😝

Pat said...

yeah, i wonder what a driving expert would say. I saw a bunch of cars pulled over and you really couldn't see them well. I could see the white hashed line between lanes, and the solid white on the side of the road (I was in the far right slow lane) and so I kept going -- as I said, about 20-25 mph.