Friday, July 17, 2015

Day One - Western Pennsylvania

My mother always used to say, "Off we go like a herd of turtles" and that's what I did this morning. Left NYC at 10:18 am which was pretty good, but had horrible traffic... took me almost an hour to get out of NYC and across the George Washington Bridge.

I have to say that I never cross the George Washington Bridge without thinking how beautiful the view to the right is -- the braod Hudson River and the Palisades. I also think of Henry Hudson sailing up the Hudson, although I don't think it was called that back then!

 I also mean to look up Palisades -- don't think I've ever heard the word used elsewhere... does it simply mean cliffs?

Then it was on through New Jersey, on to Pennsylvania where I saw a revolting sight... this jerkoff with Confederate flags all over his car. I wanted to take his photo, and then thought that he could shoot me, so this is the best I could do... and you can see one of the flags in the rear passenger window..

I have to stop as the internet connection is so weak, I keep getting kicked off and can't get back on. So I hope tomorrow night the connection will be better and I'll post all the photos. But as of right now, all is well.