Thursday, August 29, 2013

Vacation Countdown Part 2 and 3

Mary says: Michelle bought earrings and tops after getting her hair cut.  Outer Banks, here we come!

Pat says: I'm 95% packed -- and it's light, lighter than usual. I'm so used to packing for a business trip where I don't typically have time to do laundry. So I unpacked one nightgown and am taking one only. Am taking three pairs of pants, three "good" tops, two pairs of shorts, some "regular" tops, bathing suit, some kind of loungey dresses to hang out in... underwear... Then add books, books on CD, maps, guidebook, laundry detergent, towels, sheets and I'm just about there. Oh yes, some extra bras.

To go is computer AND power chord, toiletries/drugs and whatever else crosses my mind. I typically have an ongoing list where I write everything down and that's what's on my list.

I took garbage and recycling out in advance to Ana arriving who is busily cleaning right now. Of course I want no garbage, but I can't get past that morning garbage that goes out with me when I leave. No meals left for critters while I'm gone.

So I'm excited. I pick the car up at 10 am... first stop in this easy-peasy trip is Salisbury, Maryland. I have the big hump of getting out the door, the pain in the rump hump of getting to the rental car place and then there's that moment where, seatbelt on, mirrors adjusted, a/c set, I pull away and am on the road!

a few hours later: rereading this, I want to clarify that by "drugs" I meant medicine type drugs!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Have a wonderful trip!