Sunday, August 18, 2013

Peaceful Sunday Night

Yesterday I was able to get my head above water with work-work and can face the week without worrying that a client is waiting for something. Today I relaxed and concentrated on my apartment and puttered around, did some decluttering, finally got rid of a broken chair that was weighing on me. All my horizontal surfaces are clear and all garbage and recycling is out. I had an insight which probably shouldn't feel new to me, but I don't know if I ever articulated it to myself and that is that I am happier when I am in control of my environment -- not in a control freak way -- I don't care if the throw pillows are this way or that -- but I just mean that there's nothing calling at me to do.

And to top off this peaceful, easy feeling, Fran sent Buddha with this explanation:

Here's the Buddha of Harrison Street (you've met him before), sitting under a tree in his front garden. You can't help but feel the peace and tranquility radiating from this home. It's a small house with a lovely, informal garden. The peacefulness stops you in your tracks and hypnotizes you (well, it does me;-). You just know fairies share the space with Buddha. I once met the husband of the couple who lives there and he said his wife is responsible making it so appealing. Enjoy.


No comments: