Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday

My crappy week revolved around big computer problems. I called three different and separate computer repair guys between Sunday night and now, all of whom made precise, definite, confirmed appointments; none of them showed up.
The guy who was supposed to come today between 2 and 4 -- I called him around 3:45 (after disrupting my entire day) and I got a beep, beep, beep the number you are calling has been disconnected. At that point, I just laughed.

Then I carefully selected #4 to call -- and I mean carefully -- he asks me questions and then says, and I quote, "We don't do anything as fragile as repairing laptops." WTF??

So I surrendered. Tonight I bought a new computer and will pick it up tomorrow. I will then take my other new computer in to a shop.

You might wonder how this computer is working and I'm typing and everything looks fine, but I guarantee this is temporary.

I have been pushed past stress. I surrender. They win. I have no power.

Amy, who is in California, sent these photos of her host's garden and these shots are probably the best thing I've seen all day:


2 comments:

Barbara said...

When this happened with my laptop last October, I bought a new one at Best Buy along with a year of "Geek Squad" protection because they said they'd fix up to 3 devices free as part of the plan, and I intended to take my dead old one in but never did. Moral of the story - don't be a procrastinator like me.

Unknown said...

This blog is really informative i really had fun reading it.it is really beneficial.

Laptop Repair in Downey
PC Repair in Downey