Friday, August 2, 2013

Pie Night

Lane and I were going to have our fancy dinner tonight, but business called so she had to have a quicker, earlier dinner so we went to Shreiner's, the pie place.


The Hostenss Stand

We both started with their signature clam chowder.

The dinner roll is the highlight of the meal -- light as a cloud -- with the side salad and I got blue cheese.

Fried shrimp, baked potato and corn. Very good.

Lane gave me this present -- a glass paperwekight for my collection. The neat thing is that she bought in on her honeymoon -- now that's a good friend! It's really gorgeous.

The raspberry pie was gone. They had French raspberry which was a layer of cream cheese. I was full so I took a piece of pie to go -- picked the walnut which was good. Would have been better with a scoop of vanilla.

2 comments:

fran said...

Thank you for the delicious visit to Schreiners...are the waitresses still wearing starched white uniforms and hairnets? Ah pie and a walk back to the 50s. Have a peaceful, smooth ride home.

Pat said...

Yes, they wear white waitress outfits/dresses. I pointed them out to Lane and asked her, "When is the last time you saw that?" and I think her answer was "1962"