Friday, August 9, 2013

Big Decision

I just decided I am no longer giving out my phone number unless it benefits me. I routinely go along like a sheep and fill in my phone when I give money to a charity, only to be annoyed later when they call for more, as just happened.

It makes me feel bad because I support the organization -- hence my past donation -- but I find these phone calls, asking how you are, blah blah blah, so intrusive and annoying. I remember once putting in all 9s for my phone because you can't just leave it blank so I'm doing the all 9s from now on.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

For most charities, I have found it works to "snail mail" a check and NOT put down the phone -- and I also write on the form: Don't kill more trees - please send me only ONE annual donation request. Believe it or not, most of them comply! I have actually stopped giving to a particular charity because after repeated requests, they would NOT stop calling me constantly and sending me tons of junk mail. (It was Planned Parenthood -- which makes me feel bad because I do support their mission.)