Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Healing Power of Showers


When I got up this morning, I felt really bad -- clammy and feverish -- and I hadn't felt totally well last night -- didn't eat dinner and went to bed early. I even considered not coming to work today. Decided to take a shower and see how I felt.

One thing I love about the hotel where I stay is the very strong water pressure in the shower -- I hate some hotels where the water dribbles out and it take 10 minutes to rinse the shampoo out of your hair.

I took my shower, loving the way I felt, and realized the shower had cured whatever ailed me. Today I have been particularly creative and productive.

Out of curiosity, I googled who invented the shower. I learned that the first showers were waterfalls where people realized it's easier to get clean under running water than still water. Then there's the usual band of suspects -- ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans. The French army was the first to attach showers to the barracks in 1860.

So God bless showers, one of my favorite things. Entered clammy and weak; emerged pink and pleasant!

Right before I left, I got a free sample of this fancy face cream in the mail and I threw it in my bag. Since I wear make up only when I have to (like today), I took this out and had looked at my face which looked blotchy and old. I forget the trade name of this potion, but it said "Rapid Collagen Recovery" and I thought "Hmmm... I wonder how rapidly this could work??"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the shower head. Maybe you could dismantle it and take it home. If you don't want it, I do.

Stephanie