Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Outing

We ventured out for another roadtrip/lunch today. I had stoipped at the Wright Bros. site on my way down, but Mary and Michelle hadn't seen it so we returned. I was so thrilled that I kept my receipt from last Sunday which was good for entrance for seven days so we got in free. But first we stopped at another lighthouse.



 
Then it was on to the Wright Bros. and Mary liked the Wilbur quote ("We intend to be comfortable while we are here") which mirrors our feelings exactly.
 

But this one is Mary's favorite: Orville said, "Isn't it astonishing that all these secrets have been preserved for so many years just so that we could discover them."


 
Enough of history -- it's lunch time! And what better place than Dirty Dick's? As I was photographing this sign, I said what's Ayce Crablegs? What's AYCE, and Mary confidently said, "All you can eat" which amazed me -- had never seen that abbreviation before.
 

 
And here's the (ahem) funny tagline on the napkin: I got my crabs from Dirty Dick's crab house.
 
Here's what we ate: Mary's first and she had shrimp/scallops on a skewer with rice pilaf. (Note: I forgot to photograph until we were already into the meal!)


Michelle had shrimp etouffe which was very good.

 
I had a lobster club sandwich which was lobster tail and bacon with lettuce, tomato and pickles and some sort of spicy mayo. It really was delicious -- good roll and then their house-made potato chips.

 
Then it was home again. This is what you see when you get out of the car. The house is on stilts, and the ocean was beautiful today -- surf was bigger than usual.

 
More ocean.

 
We love watching the people walk by and especially those with dogs... we've seen some real water-loving dogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have any of you ladies ventured into the ocean yet?

Love the pictures.....Stephanie

Barbara said...

Mmmm mmmm on lunch. That house is amazingly close to the ocean!