Saturday, September 21, 2013

Last Day of Summer

It's the Fall Equinox tomorrow -- in New York, that happens at 4:44 pm -- who knows what actually happens at that point?

It was a beautiful day today -- mild and breezy and I spent some time outside. It's hard to put much effort (Ok, no effort) into my garden, but there's still some summer lushness out there.


Petunuias are a big straggly, but still blooming.

Begonias can bloom almost up to the snowfall... and that's a lighthouse/garden ornament Mary gave me a number of years ago which has been nicely weathered.

I think this is called Vinca.

I love my morning glories -- to give them some credit, I took this in mid-afternoon so this one was not in its full morning-gloryness.

Full foliage, and you can see how the bugs had a buffet of the plant on the bottom. About six of seven years ago, I bought these fairy figurines on line and I thought they were going to be metal, like burnished copper, but they were resin plastic -- and I paid $39 for six of them and when I got them delivered I felt totally ripped off. But I have to say that over the years I have no doubt gotten my moneysworth out of them. I do enjoy hiding them and see when people notice them. I think I'm down to four -- they are very breakable but here's one of them.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Everything's still so pretty!

Mary Mc said...

beautiful! That morning glory has wonderful color. Mine are solid blue.