Saturday, September 7, 2013

All's Well That Ends Well

Our last full day of vacation was a relaxed one. We got some fried chicken for lunch from a convenience store where the woman offered to make fresh chicken if we came back for it. It was really good, moist, tasty.
 
 Mary made potato salad to go with the chicken.
 
And tomatoes....


 
My plate half-way through lunch...


I had attempted to lure birds to the outside deck to photograph them, and this was my third attempt with bread.

Finally got one -- have no idea what kind of bird this is.

This is the view outside my bedroom window (through the screen) where you can see the ocean.

This is about 7 pm tonight -- so beautiful... so peaceful, breezy and refreshing, not cold.

The combination of blue, gray and pink was so beautiful.

From our deck

From our deck the other direction

Total leftovers for dinner tonight.


And as the sun sets on our lovely week in Rodanthe, North Carolina, I polled all participants for their favorite parts. Michelle liked not having any schedule to follow. Mary like the waves. Me? I liked having a week where I felt transported from my own life to something totally different.

Tomorrow, we have to check out by 10 am, and we'll all head North. Mary and Michelle will get back to DC tomorrow, and I'm drivng as far as Dover, Delaware.

No comments: