Monday, February 8, 2016

Telemarketers... bah humbug!

I was just really rude to a telemarketer, but she really teed me off. I answered the phone, and first that silence and then hear, "Patricia?" in this questioning voice (even though I answer my phone by saying my name...) And I said "yes." At this point, I thought it was a business call or something about personal business. And she said, "You're a hard woman to get a hold of." Which irritates the crap out of me because I am not. I am the one who returns phone calls, answers my phone, responds to emails, etc. And then she said, "You're harder to get a hold of than the last pickle in the pickle jar..." She went on to say "My name is Vanessa and I'm a professional fundraiser..." and I interrupted her and said, "I am not difficult to get ahold of, and I don't appreciate your saying I am." It's a pet peeve of mine when someone lies and says, "I left you a few voice mails..." No, impossible! But I think they are so used to using that line and having it be true.

So she tries to recoup and says, "I was just trying to give you a chuckle..." and I said, "Well, you didn't" and hung up.

No comments: