Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday in Ohio

Barbara asked if I'd see the turning leaves in my trip, and the answer frankly is no. The place I stay in PA -- a town named Clarion -- is supposedly the "leaf viewing capital of the US" or so they claim and one of these times I'll hit it at the right time.

What I noticed: trees are still green, with every so often one tree that has turned red... I noticed today that corn fields are now brown... and I did notice a whole lot of goldenrod... a really pedestrian weed/flower but when there are thousands of them on the side of the road, they do look pretty. Every so often I'd see the goldenrods with some sort of muted purple flower and it was a great combination.

I finished Price of Tides with about an hour to go... and tried the radio where every other station (I swear) was Sean Hannity... that and sports talk... so I'm glad I have another audio book.

Anyway, I should be pleased the trip has been uneventful, and I'll try to keep it that way.

No comments: