Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Who's Hungry?

My annual Oshkosh trip is just around the corner, so let's get in the mood by checking out what's for dinner at Shreiner's.

Here are the entrees for today:
  • A Popular Wednesday Feature...HAM LOAF with Horseradish Sauce
  • DEEP FRIED CHICKEN
  • SAUTE'D LIVER and BACON 
  • Golden Brown Deep-Fried HADDOCK FILLETS
  • All-You-Can-Eat SPAGHETTI w/MEAT SAUCE
  • SMOKED SAUSAGE with German Potato Salad

  • Actully all of these appeal to me. I'm not sure what else is in ham loaf -- I like ham, but I wonder about the "loaf" part. I do love horseradish. Ok, I'm not a liver fan so skip that. I'm not a deep-fried fish fan, but that might be good with tartar sauce. The spaghetti could be good or bad -- same with the sausage. So I think I'd go with the old fashioned fried chicken -- haven't had that in ages, with mashed potatoes and gravy and cole slaw.

    Now on to dessert:

  • BLUEBERRY CRANBERRY PIE
  • TOASTED COCONUT CREME PIE with Freshly Whipped Cream
  • CHOCOLATE RITZ NUT TORTE with Freshly Whipped Cream 
  • HOT MINCE PIE with Rum Sauce
  • APPLE PIE
  • WALNUT PIE 
  • PUMPKIN PIE with Whipped Cream

  • This is a no-brainer for me: my eyes went straight to the Toasted Coconut Creme Pie. Yes, please, a big slice. Oh, and then I want just a sliver of Blueberry/Cranberry with just a smidge of vanilla ice cream on it.

    And you?

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Fried chicken and Chocolate Ritz Nut Torte for me please!

    Stephanie

    Mary Mc said...

    I had the haddock last time so I think I'd try the sausage this time. And I'd try to chocolate ritz nut torte for something different

    fran said...

    Oh my, it's Schreiner's time. Let's see...probably the fried chicken and maybe the haddock...as an Italian don't think I'd order the spaghetti until I had tested it. And now for dessert -- save a slice of that coconut cream pie for me Pat and then I'll try an entire cranberry-blueberry pie, with globs of vanilla ice cream. Burp. Excuuuse me!