Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Mini-Complaint for Today

I got an email from AAA two weeks ago to renew my membership. After pondering this big decision, I finally decided to renew and just now went to do it.

So AAA was able to find me via email. I then had to sign in via email, via a password, all so annoying and tiresome but I get it's necessary. Then I had to enter my 16-digit account number. Really?

Well, my card is in my wallet and my wallet is upstairs and I'm not getting it. Don't you think renewing or joining should be absolutely as simple as possible? This isn't. Now I'm wavering -- and I want to not renew just to punish them for annoying me...

But I know if this were a movie, we'd fast forward to a dark and stormy night with me and a stalled car on the side of some country road in Ohio... and I know I'll have to desperately go to the bathroom, just to add insult to injury.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I wonder how many AAA members do not actually own a car, but carry the "card" just for times like you mention! I can tell you that once I had a blow out on the way to Springfield... I called AAA and my AMX Gold Roadside service, and they both called the same service guy... But I still pay my $120 (or whatever it is) to carry the "card". :)

Barbara said...

I wonder how many younger people are AAA members? We were trained to have Amex cards and AAA memberships, but are either really necessary?