Thursday, June 27, 2013

More Photos from Stephanie

Here's the couple ready for the prom. Where's Stephanie's wrist corsage?

I'm guessing these are the wives who go with the guys in the tuxedos.

Stephanie labeled these: My bougainvillea, some other flower and my baby Flamboyant Tree. I believe this one is the bougainvillea although I normally remember them as red.



I think this is the "other flower"

WHO CAN SPOT THE HIDDEN SURPRISE IN THIS PHOTO?

 

Which leaves this as the flamboyant tree.
So now for Botany 101 lesson.

flamboyant tree - tropical shrub or small tree having showy yellow to orange-red flowers

Then I found out they are also called Royal Poinciana trees and here's more:

Royal Poinciana is a native of Madagascar and is consistently voted among the top 5 most beautiful flowering trees in the world.  Royal Poinciana deserves its support.  It may be the most colorful flowering tree in the world as well

Other common names for Royal Poinciana include Flamboyant Tree, Flame Tree, Mohur Tree and Red Flame

and here are some pictures of a mature Flamboyant Tree:

 
 
 
And they come in yellow too!
 
 
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pinkish red flowers are the bougainvaillas. The yellow flowers are the other one. I hope when my Flamboyant tree grows, it looks as good as the one in your picture.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Now that I think of it, the yellow flowers look like hibiscus but I didn't think I had yellow hibiscus. I have red and pink ones. Danny calls them amapola which is Spanish for hibiscus. I know what the hidden surprise is but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might be looking for it.

BTW, my kitties name is spelled Kali. That's Kali the Calico cat! I am sure that every Calico is named Kali or the same name spelled in various ways. Not too inventive is it!