Friday, November 16, 2012

Homeward Bound

Drove about four hours after work today and am close to the Pennsylvania border. I'm in a hotel (really a motel) where I've stayed before. It is the ultimate cheap motel, but so nice, so clean, so friendly if you don't mind beat up furniture and paper thin towels. Also, I just noticed, looking around for the time, that there is no clock radio. However it's $50 a night. I think this facility must have been built circa 1960s (early 60s). There is a refrigerator, a microwave, and a big screen tv, including HBO so I could watch Bill Maher tonight, his last show of the season.

So here's the slide show from today.


This is the lunch place -- City Barbecue -- which is a chain, but this is the only one I've seen. You order from a counter and get your choice of meat and two sides.  The interior is sort of rustic, rough wood paneling with handwritten signs.

This is my lunch. I did go for the pulled chicken and there are 5 or 6 sauces on the table and I put on a regular style bbq sauce. Then a scoop of corn pudding and mac & cheese.

These are the pickles which I really like and have to add I enjoyed making the perfect bite of let's say some mac&cheese with a pickle chip as one bite. Great combination.


This is the drink of choice in Ohio. Remember than Kentucky is right across the river. Yes, it's Mountain Dew -- or in this case Diet Mountain Dew. Really as popular as Coke.

Heading North toward home.

This is Columbus in the distance.

Columbus up close.

On the way here, I found the perfect Christmas present for Mary in a truck stop. I didn't buy it at the time as I was having that mental battle of "tacky or cool." Of course, two miles away I decided it was cool so I'll be on the hunt tomorrow. Next stop Allentown and then home Sunday by lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food looks yummy! I'll have the same, please. Nice clear day.

Stephanie