Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Why I Mostly Love my Clients

I'm headed off to Florida next week for a big airshow, and it's not something I'm looking forward to, although I'm trying to have a better attitude. Melissa and I still joke about hiking in together from public parking years ago and one of us said, "It wouldn't take much for me to turn around and leave" while the other one stopped walking and we just looked at each other. Our eyes widened. Could we? Would we?

Of course, we are both too much of the good little girls and we kept going, but I still remember that moment of possibility. Just running away. Anyway, I don't get a car pass at this show, but I do get to park in a special lot which is fairly close to where I have to go. For those who have never been to a big air show, just imagine a state fair with airplanes.

For years, I had "VIP" status at this show since the head of this show was a friend. I could park in a paved lot and be driven wherever I wanted on the show grounds. I loved being a VIP. I made a good VIP. But alas, my friend left and the media woman took a shine to me and gave me a car pass, lucky me, but then she left too.

So I've been still parking in this paved lot and then one of my clients who has a golf cart would come pick me up and take me back. He would pull up right to the driver's side door. It was heaven. This year, I'm going to try for this special lot and I wrote my client today to say he doesn't have to pick me up and that I will only call him if this special lot is full.

He replied:

Just let me know, I will pick you up anytime, anywhere and as often as you need.

That's why I mostly love my clients.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, I so remember that day! I think it's carried us through a lot of these shows!
You are lucky to have such good clients... And don't hesitate a minute to make that call! Think of the hours of free therapy you give many of your clients :).