Friday, April 5, 2013

Gracie's goes from Greek to Mexican

Stephanie had told me months ago that Gracie's Corner has a great cheese quesadilla and I never tried it until tonight. Ordered it along with a cup of chili over a few spoons of rice. Really great supper. The chili comes with sour cream and chopped raw onion.

I hate raw onion.

I love sauteed onions, cooked onions in meat loaf, stews, etc and, of course, onion rings, but I can't do the raw. My mother used to order a hamburger and I can still hear her say "with a thick slice of raw onion." I remember thinking that when I grow up, I'd want "a thick slice of raw onion" too, but I don't.

So I ask Gracie's not to put onions on top, and so one time, I got the onions in a little container on the side. So now I say "no onions on top; no onions at all."

Here's what it looked like, and Stephanie was right -- it was a good quesadilla. I just ordered a plain one, but they have chicken, shrimp and a few other ones.

This is a coffee-cup size of chile and rice -- the perfect amount.

I'd rip off a piece, and dip it in the sour cream and the salsa. Really good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great. Wish I could have one. Glad you enjoyed it. Stephanie

Melissa said...

I'd poor the chili on it!

Pat said...

I hadn't thought of that. I remember once having breakfast with a man at Gradcie's and he ordered scrambled eggs, bacon and home fries and he happily mixed everything up on his plate for a scrambled egg, bacon and home fries stew. I was at once appalled and sort of jealous as it looked kinda good!

"Goblin Grrl" & "Market Goblin" said...

OOOoo, I dip my quesadillas in sour cream and salsa, too.