Monday, January 28, 2013

Feeling like an Idiot

Somehow, a number of weeks ago, I turned on a function on my computer which activated the camera/microphone. This was a tool bar about 4 inches long and an inch high and it constantly got in theway on the screen. I could move it around, but I couldnt for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it. I moved that bar around 100 times a day. No exaggeration. Just now, it was annoying me and, on the spur of the moment, I tried the right click on the mouse. Oh yeah, there is was -- a little window that said "close" and I clicked that it was gone. I couldn't believe my eyes, but more importantly, I can't believe I hadn't figured that out before.

Meantime, on another plane of petty annoyances, I had opened this package of cheese spread and inside was a folded up consumer questionnaire about where you bought the cheese, had you bought it before -- maybe about 20 questions. I was just looking at it and thinking why would I take the time to fill that out, use my own envelope, postage, etc. In other words, what's in it for me?

I wasn't wearing my glasses so I couldn't read the fine print, and I started thinking maybe the company would send me a coupon for a free package of cheese which would be good since it's close to $6.00. No such luck. The offer was one dollar by return mail. I'd heard yesterday that a first class stamp is now 46 cents, so I'd do all that work for 54 cents? I don't think so. It seems like penny-wise/pound-foolish so in the trash it went.

Certainly I must have a third boring, senseless story to tell...Let's see... Ah, the weather. After having bitter in the teens and 20s weather this past week, it's now warming up and by Wednesday it's supposed to be 60 degrees which I will welcome. I will enjoy opening the garden door and letting some fresh air in.

No comments: