Friday, March 13, 2015

Progress on One Front

Believe it or not, I got the proof of insurance from the real estate company via email. I called the bank to see if I could email the document rather than mail it. The woman (ater the annoying phone tree) was very nice and she said she could take the info over the phone and then I could upload it to their website. She was very patient as I tried to translate the insurance language.

One thing that impressed me, and it's a small thing, but you know when you have to enter your "`18-digit customer number" or whatever and then when you get a human you have to do it again? I often comment on that, only to be told that "that information doesn't travel with the call."

So with this bank, I had to put in my loan number and when I got the human, she said, "I see that your loan number is..." and she read it.

Anyway, so then I go to the website which was superb. Giant type and I had to put in my loan number and my zip code. Then there was the "browse" to upload. I found the document. The website asked if this were the only document I wanted to upload and I pressed YES and that was that. I'll know in two business days if I have satisfied the requirement.

But then, on the other hand, the stairs guy who was supposed to be here "before 12 noon" never showed up. I'm going to play it by ear today and see if he shows.

No comments: