Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas Cards?

One card always hails for me the beginning of the Christmas card season, and I received it today electronically since they are trying to save on postage. I am thinking about how un-embarrassed people are these days about their finances. It never used to be that way, but it's totally reasonable with first class postage rates to send a card electronically. I know both sides of this couple and they send a yearly recap of their activties for the year. Am I the only one who likes Christmas letters? I don't even know most people mentioned, but I do like to read that Jim Jr.'s science project came in second to the volcano project; details of vacation ("and we had ice cream cones by the waterfall"), etc

Anyway, today's card came with a letter and a separate photo... Love this tree... the whole room looks like people should be sitting in comfortable chairs, with something good smelling in the oven while we sip something adult.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Lovely tree, but is that a tail-less cat?

Anonymous said...

I hate Christmas letters and I love to display my Christmas cards that I find bright and cheerful! S.

Mary said...

it's a beautiful tree. I actually read all the letters too. My family always makes fun of one letter we get that is full of self congratulation. I actually enjoy sending real cards. I always enjoy thinking about the people I'm sending the card to.

Melissa said...

I like reading Christmas letters but I got tired of writing them... My life is just not that exciting 😉!