Thursday, April 12, 2012

Random Thoughts

A friend Tweeted this photo -- think it's clear who rules the roost in his house. He wonders where he is supposed to sleep, but I guess he could never feel lonely. They all seem comfortable.



Marilyn, my helper, came yesterday. Among other things, we traded out winter clothes for summer clothes and I was pretty strict about throwing some stuff out (three shirts with stains in the front) and a nightshirt where somehow bleach got on it. The bleach one -- well, I would wear it and try to convince myself that it was decorative, but it really looked bad so out it went. I said to Marilyn it's hard to throw away something that's still "wearable" -- and she says she battles the same thing -- "Oh, I'll just wear this stained thing around the house." But I don't want to be that person.

I have been trying to live somewhat more frugally -- hadn't bought any clothes in months, but today I did. I remind myself there is a trade off between conserving money and feeling good about yourself in new, stylish (or rather more stylish) clothes. This catalog I like was having a sale on pants that I like -- if you bought two pair, you got half off the second pair. So I did that and then bought two tops. Between what I threw away and the bag I gave to the thrift store, I figure I needed some "in with the new." 

Ana came today and with my travel schedule I hadn't seen her in three weeks, even though she's been here. I asked if she had seen any mice or evidence of some -- since I hadn't. She didn't quite understand my question, although she recognized the word "mice." So I asked a different way and then made up the saying "No mice, no mas" and she got that. I hope they're gone for good, but at least they're gone as of right now.


1 comment:

Barbara said...

Plenty of room in that bed - I would love to crawl right in and curl up with all of them!