Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Price of Limes

For weeks and months, my regular shopping list included three limes because I like to use them with Diet Coke. And every time, I'd get a twinge of guilt as the limes were 75 cents each. And every time, I'd do some version of "What?? I can't even have a lime slice with my soda?" and buy them.

This week, I couldn't believe my eyes. After weeks of 75 cents per, limes are now 20 cents per. I guess I should be happy the price went down, not up, but I sense we all get played with when it comes to prices.

Oh, and one more thing, and I swear this is true. When I go to a restaurant, I can instantly guage the quality of the service by ordering a diet coke with lime. If I get no lime, it will be bad service. If I get a lemon (which happens quite often), it will be average service. If I get a lime, it will be good service

One last thing: where are the seeds in limes? It's not like a lemon where they are obvious.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I don't think they're "playing us" when it comes to fruit prices - it depends what's in season and how far they have to ship. My local blueberries are cheap but only available in July -- the rest of the time they have to get here from Chile or someplace else. I'm not sure where limes are grown but I bet the 75-centers came from further away.

Melissa said...

I agree with Mary on prices... But where the seeds are leaves me wondering!