Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fran Will be Jealous

Those who have visited me know my favorite Greek coffee shop is Gracie's Corner -- and Friday night when I got home, I ordered dinner from there -- stuffed shrimp, baked potato and carrots. Oh, it was heavenly.

I hadn't really thought about Easter dinner as I don't celebrate Easter, but my Friday dinner included a flyer for Gracie's Corner Easter dinners, and I just may order myself one tomorrow. For $19.95, "All dinners include Fruit Cup, Soup, Salad, Potato, Vegetable, Dessert, Coffee or Tea." Mary would order the "Grilled Salmon Steak." I think I'm going for "Roast Chicken with Chestnut Stuffing." But there's also turkey, pot roast, roast loin of pork, chicken kabob, etc.

For soup, there is chicken rice, Manhattan clam chowder and vegetable. Think I'll go for the vegetable.

Potatoes are baked, mashed, sweet potatoes and French fries. Uh, Mashed.

Vegetables are spinach, green beans, broccoli.... Um... either green beans or broccoli.

And now dessert:  Jell-o, rice pudding, ice cream, apple pie, cherry pie, blueberry pie. Gotta go with the cherry pie. That's the part that will make Fran jealous although she'd go blueberry I bet.

2 comments:

NYC here I come Fran said...

Ohhhhh, Pat, I'm drooling. I'm booking Amtrak now. Will meet you at Grace's tomorrow. Corner table in the window.

Let's see, I'll have the poot roast, turkey, roast loin of pork--each platter with green beans, spinach and mounds of mashed potatoes and gravy. Dessert: you are right, blueberry is my first choice, with three scoops of vanilla ice cream. Then cherry pie, espresso and almond biscotti.

Meanwhile, I'll sit here holding the wonderful Greek coffee shop mug you gave me, dreaming and drooling.....

Fran

Mary Mc said...

The only Easter dinner that makes sense to me is ham. I guess I'd go for the pork roast instead. Defintely mashed potatoes. Probabl broccoli. Defintely blueberry pie....