Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Citibank's Response

I have to give credit where credit is due (as did Citibank!) Here's the response wherein they have already credited me. I have to say I liked that they see I have been a customer for 36 years -- that's as long as I have lived in NY -- in the olden days, you got an account that was close to where you worked, and Citibank -- then First National City Bank -- was in the lobby of my building. And I never changed banks.

Here's the response:

Dear Ms. Luebke,

Welcome to Citibank, my name is Margo. I will be happy to assist you today regarding your attempted ATM withdrawal for $200.

I can certainly understand your concern and frustration. I have placed an investigation into your request. Reference number [deleted by Pat]. A provisional credit of $202.50 has been added to checking account ending in xx25. You will not receive a response unless we need additional information, the credit is reversed or the item being credited is an Electronic Funds Transfer in which case you will receive a response no later than April 23, 2012 to your account address.

Ms. Luebke, thank you for your loyal business to Citibank for over 36 years, we certainly do appreciate it. Have a wonderful day!

Pat again: then it goes on asking me to do a survey, then "if there's anything else..." so I think Citibank handled this well.

1 comment:

Mary Mc said...

it's nice to see them starting from an assumption that you are right. It should be easy enough for them to check. Glad it's resolved.