Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Small Complaint for Thursday

Yes, I have something new to bitch about. For some reason, I had bought like a year's supply of deoderant/anti-perspirant so I hadn't bought any in really a long time. Today my helper was here and one of her errands was to the drug store. She brings me every receipt and just out of curiosity I was looking at the receipts-- actually I wanted to see how many bonus points I had at the drug store as you get a $5 coupon when you reach a certain number of points and I knew I was close and you only have a week or something to use it.

I have to say I was stunned at the price of deoderant -- I had her buy two. Each were $5 and some change -- closer to $6. It makes me wonder what people on really limited budgets do -- buy the generic kind and use it sparingly?

I thought I'd already mentally updated in my mind how much things cost, but this was one I missed.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ya know, I am surprised by that too.. And I don't know that I have paid much attention. I guess that means I'm fortunate that I don't have to. Deodorant is not a luxury :). Although to some it would be.