Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rental Car Charges

Just got a confirmation for a rental car for next week wherein all the charges are outlined. These extras are a full one-third of the total price of the rental car. I get state taxes, but all these others just annoys me. What's the difference between state tax and "Florida surcharge"? So I have three days at approximately $30 a day and then this -- as if the state is making enough on tourists already. And I know, NYC is no better with its hotel taxes -- they got so bad that finally big groups were canceling conventions until they were rolled back a bit.

FACILITY CHARGE : $7.50


CONCESSION FEE REC : $10.92

ENERGY RECOVERY FEE : $1.35

FLORIDA SURCHARGE : $6.06

STATE TAX : $9.00

VEHICLE LICENSE FEE : $1.77

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you sounded off about that... It is so annoying!