Saturday, September 3, 2011

End of Summer Saturday

I love how gardens look at the end of the summer when we (I) have given up trying to make them grow this way or that and leave the plants to their own devices. I love how lush they become. I have often thought that my apartment would be so different (and so dark) without my garden. I love having the garden door open and letting fresh air and light in and seeing the green beyond the door.



I have enjoyed having brand-new fences this season and they've lost that new-new look a bit which is good.


I should have taken a photo in the morning when the morning glories were in bloom. They really do shut down in the afternoon. These are healthy and lush and go up beyond my fence up about 10 feet. If you look at the fence beyond my new fence -- that's a fence of a neighbor but someone I had doing some work suggested I put this bamboo sheet over my neighbor's fence since it was ugly chain link with green intertwined plastic through it. So he did it and it's been up there for two or three years now.

Here they are upclose and it reminds me of Jack and the Beanstalk.


No comments: