Friday, May 6, 2011

The View from Mary's Train Window

Mary was headed North today on Amtrak -- from DC to a wedding in Mystic, Connecticut. She took me at my word when I asked her to send some photos so here we go. I think she was dozing and reading until past New York She did email me to say she was waving to me from Penn Station. We both speculated that the trip got more scenic north of New York, and it did.

This is Westport, Connecticut:


And now, it's on to points unknown, but Mary labeled this photo, "Connecticut is so lovely."



I typed the "lovely" comment as the photo was downloading -- so I guess Mary was being ironic. I have no idea what this is -- some sort of energy producing plant??

This is New London, Connecticut -- a maritime center going back to the whaling days where it was the third most active whaling port after Nantucket and New Bedford, Mass. Today it's the home of the US Coast Guard Academy.


And finally this is from the Mystic train center/visitors center. Mary will have to fill us in on what this is, and why it's there. I believe it's stuffed, not real. I should say I hope it's real, and not something Mary is bringing home with her as Milo's new playmate!




No comments: