Thursday, May 19, 2011

Road Trip: day three...dyslexia gets the better of me

OK time at work; stayed there until about 7; stopped at a drive thru (Taco Bell) on the way home. My room is at one end of the hotel so I thought I'd be clever and park near the end of the hotel, rather than walk through the lobby.

I had my purse, a tote bag with my computer, dinner and a paper cup of lemonade...am trying to balance all of it, but thinking that once I am inside the hotel, my room will be right there. I had to use the hotel key to get in this entrance, and when I did, the first room was 130 and I'm in 105 and I realized that I am at the wrong end of the hotel.

So do I go back and move my car or just walk the distance? I decided to walk from one end of the hotel to the other... so much for right vs. left. It is minimal brain damage, and I have it. When I made it to my room, I tried to envision the route again -- how did I go wrong? -- and it took all of my concentration and imagining myself walking in the lobby, walking through the lobby, having the choice to go right or left (but I don't think of it in those terms as they have no meaning to me, really) and do I go *this* way or *that* way? '

You'd think with a 50/50 chance, I'd get it right more often than I do.

Did some research via Google on my rental car gasoline -- read all about E85 fuel and it is not readily available in most places... in fact, there are web sites that tell you where you can buy it -- and the closest to where I am now is 45 minutes away so I clearly made the right decision and I did confirm you don't damage the car with "normal" gas -- you just don't get as good gas mileage.

No comments: