Saturday, May 21, 2011

Road Trip: day five (headed east again)

I only drove four hours today because I could not leave my client until 3:30 or so. But here I am in a Red Roof Inn in St. Clairsville, Ohio and it's cheap, but clean and nice. I have to say I like the old-fashioned set up of parking your car right by your room. Here's the view from my door, and that's my car.



On the drive here today, I saw this decripit little truck that was actually charming. It had written on the windshield "BARN FIND" and it was $1200 so maybe these folks are taking it home and will give it a new life. It's from 1951.


You might not be able to read this sign, but Rally's is a hamburger fast food place -- don't think I've ever eaten at one, but the sign says, "Honk if Christ is for you." Wow. The funny thing is that this location was closed due to fire, so evidently they are not as heavenly protected as they may think.

No comments: