Tuesday, February 17, 2015

More Unrelated Items

Yesterday, I meant to plug Progresso Onion Soup. I love French Onion Soup, and I thought I'd give this a try. It's just 100 calories for the whole can (the front of the can announces 50 cal per serving) but the whole can is more realistic. I have to say it's pretty close to the real thing. I had some part-skim mozzerella so I sprinkled that on top.

Second: Mary was stunned by a flock of robins on her deck today. Haven't seen any birds here, but Mary's neighbor said the robins are attracted by the holly berries.

The robins on Mary's deck:



3 comments:

Amy Laboda said...

I'm a huge fan of Progresso -- not too many ingredients that I can't pronounce. If you are going to make soup that starts from a can it is a good place to start. And soup has to taste good with the weather as it is!

Pat said...

I also like their penne in chicken broth (can't remember the calories, but it's low) as well as the creamy mushroom.

Barbara said...

The only thing you have to worry about with canned soup is all the salt. Last weekend I made a huge pot of homemade chicken soup, perfect for the weather. Unfortunately, I rarely have enough time to make my own soup.