Sunday, December 8, 2013

Outrunning the Storm

The media is enthralled with this huge ice storm and as difficult as it was to crawl out of a warm bed at 7:15 on a Sunday morning, I did. The rain/snow/ice was supposed to start at 10:30 and I wanted to be well on my way. Got dressed, packed and out the door by 8:15 including Mary's supreme sacrifice of getting down on the floor to puill the straps of my ortho-shoe tight.

I was drowsy on the way home and stopped and slept for about 15 minutes, then decided to stop again but this snow squall broke out -- when it looks like a blizzard has arrived, and I thought I better be leaving. Got home around 1:30 and now I"m slowly unpacking, relaxing, and doing nothing. My favorite passtime! Yes, it's good to be home. Our snow/ice/rain is supposed to start tomorrow morning. I am thrilled to be relieved of any weather/travel/other worries and just be home.

1 comment:

Amy Laboda said...

Good! I was worried while watching the snow in Philadelphia!