Friday, March 25, 2011

Yesterday vs Today


Here's the view from my hotel window. The yellow glow is a reflection of the lamp in the room, but you can see it was cold and snowy.

And now today... those are the Sierra Nevada Mountains in the distance -- and this is where the Donner Party got stuck. The local news has two weather reports -- in the mountains, where they got two more feet of snow yesterday and in the valley (where I am, I think) where we got a few inches that have mostly melted.


I am in an "accessible" room which I love because of the walk in shower. The shower floor is level with the bathroom floor. I really get paranoid about falling -- Mostly hotels have no rugs and the tiles get slippery and there's nothing to hold onto except some rickety towel rack that I have no doubt would come flying out of the wall if I ever grabbed it. I also have the handheld shower at home and I am used to that. Here it is:


And finally, here's my new computer for traveling which I love. I am almost used to the smaller keyboard -- hey I typed that entire line without having to backspace... I put a business card on the keyboard so you can see how small it is. It's a Toshiba and cost $274 at BestBuy. I had to buy Office as well. But I love it as it weighs about as much as a medium size hardback book so it's great to carry around. I can do email and do Word documents, Excel, etc. which is really all I need when traveling. The only small challenge is I transferred some files from my office computer, but I forgot a few I kind of wish I had. All my email, old and saved, automatically is on this computer so that's good. The two cords are the power cord and then the mobile WiFi.



1 comment:

Amy Laboda said...

I loved the size of my netbook. Now I've got something coming in the mail that should solve my travel computer issues for awhile. I'll show you at the next stop and we can oogle over the new tools.