Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Evening

My manicure place was closed on Sundays, and I opted for CVS vs Wal Mart. I did take a drive to the State Park, but first it was lunch at Sonic where you sit in your car and place your order through this microphone. When you're ready to order, you press the red button on the bottom.


I had a BLT on this thick toast and a diet cherry limeade. Both were great.

This state park has hiking trails to the good stuff (rapids, the river, etc) and the shortest one was 2 miles so I passed. There's also a swimming pool, lots of picnic areas, and even though I only did a drive through, I enjoyed how beautiful it was. It's a state park on a small scale -- so one family, for example, had this one picnic area to themselves. I could see spending time there if I lived in the area. Fran would love the trees, especially the giant oaks with all the Spanish moss hanging from them.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you kayak the Hillsborough river the alligators follow you just to see if you might be a tasty snack. Just don't look behind you and you'll be fine. You'll never hear it coming... ;)

Mary Mc said...

Hmmm I thought it looked pretty inviting until I read about alligators.....