Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Complaining about that Chicken Salad Sandwich

Got a response today to my complaint -- first, here's what I wrote:

Had a very disappointing experience on Saturday, March 26 at 11:39 AM at Reno Airport, C Concourse. My check number is 1544. Bought a chicken salad sandwich, a bag of chips and Vitamin Water for $15.44. When I returned to the gate to eat my lunch, the sandwich was so old as to be inedible. It was a clump of wet greens, more like compost than chicken salad. I took two bites, then tried to eat just the bread, but the bread was wet from the compost and I dumped the whole thing. I don't mind paying nine bucks for a sandwich, but it could at least be fresh and edible. I noticed when I was unwrapping it that it had a white sticker on it and I hoped that a white sticker meant "fresh for Saturday" but it clearly didn't. I suppose I could have trekked back to the location for something else, but I was tired and out of time.


and here's the response


Your comments about your experience at the La Brea Bakery in the Reno Airport are much appreciated. We cannot thank you enough for giving us the opportunity to serve you at La Brea Bakery.

We ,unfortunately, failed to provide you with food that was worth not only your money, but time and energy as well. Being on the road quite a bit myself, I empathize with how disappointed you must have felt.

Our La Brea Bakery units in the Reno Airport are owned and operated by SSP America, our licensed partner. Although this is the case, it does not exclude us from taking action to insure that all customers are receiving a great experience in any location that bears the “B” of our company. Like us, SSP America holds all of their locations and employees to extremely high standards with both service and food. Clearly we need to follow up with the managers and make sure that all quality standards are being upheld daily.

I have included Lynne Zaborac, General Manager, of this location for SSP America in Reno, along with her Assistant Manager, Denis begin. They should be reaching out you soon. I can assure you that Lynne and her entire team take much pride in exceeding customer expectations and will follow up with their employees promptly.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to address your concern.

Cordially,
Les Echeverria
Sr. Manager-Licensed Operations

2 comments:

Mary Mc said...

what would you like them to say when they respond? I guess I'd want an apology and some sort of compensation, although that can be difficult when you might never be at that location again. I am ambivalent about the "this is our partner" comment because it does seem a little self serving, they take responsibility but not completely. On the other hand, I don't know what else I would want them to say. It's good sign they responded quickly.

Pat said...

I want to be heard, and I want some accountability. If you're going to charge $9 for a sandwich, I think there's a responsibility that it be edible. This really was not wholesome, really a clump of old salad. I resent their coporate mission statements and do-goody, faux-pro-customer ways when they can't even serve an edible sandwich.