Sunday, March 27, 2011

Halleleuia!

Today was a tough travel day. Left the hotel at 10:30 -- my flight was on time and I had spent a lot of energy fretting that I'd miss my connection in Phoenix as I only had 50 minutes. Those 50 minutes can be eaten up fast. But the flight was on time, and luckily my next gate was in the same area, just about.

I had time to go to the rest room, and I hadn't eaten and went to this sandwich place and paid upwards of $17 for a pre-made sandwich that turned out to be horrid (chicken salad) and I threw away. I have the receipt so I'm going to complain.

So it was Reno to Phoenix to Tampa to rental car to one hour to the hotel, but I made it. I'm glad I decided to come straight to Florida as I can relax tomorrow rather than resentfully doing laundry and being pissed off I have to head to the airport again.

This room is great -- Microtel for $65 a night, off the beaten path, but I have a refrigerator and a microwave and sink, desk, couch, queen size bed... the works. There's a Wal-Mart next door, and I noticed a manicure place and a strip-mall variety Chinese restaurant which seemed appealing -- the food would either be wonderful or horrible.

I passed a State Park -- Hillsborough River State Park - so I might check that out tomorrow.  Glad to be here, glad to be able to sleep in on Sunday! Yay!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us loyal fans updated to your where abouts! Enjoy your Sunday. The food at the malls are pretty good!!
Anonymous Stephanie!

Melissa said...

You for sure made the right decision by going straight to FL. Hope you recharged today and can get this week behind you!

Anonymous said...

Sunday was just a recharge sort of day. I found I couldn't do a darned thing, so I think that energy was simply pervasive throughout. Hope the rain didn't spook you this morning. And I'm having you make my hotel reservations next year. You always get the best deals.