Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Morning

Wouldn't you know that despite my best efforts to sleep, including putting the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door, that my phone rang at 6:45 for "the wake up call you requested"?

The sound of the phone ringing so startled me, and I had to identify it, and orient myself and answer it. In retrospect, I should be happy that I didn't *have to* get up.

After a good night's sleep, we can often feel "like a human being" again, but I'm not there yet. I also caught a cold -- and it's almost impossible not to when you're exposed to so many people. Last night on the flight to Tampa, some man a few rows back was sneezing these juicy loud sneezes and from the sound of it, it didn't sound like he was doing anything but sneezing into the air, and I thought it's no wonder we get sick.

So here are two views of my room sitting on the bed. I was looking at the "kitchen" and thought, except for a large size fridge, this is the size of my kitchen at home! You can see the microwave, fridge, sink, then the contraption in the open closet is a safe. When I checked in, I was told that if you use the safe, you get charged $1.50 per day, but I won't use it. Then you can see the bottom of the TV on top of the closet. Not a fancy room, but it's new construction and very clean.




I have a list of stuff I need at Wal Mart, including a new deoderant. I was making do with a solid, stick deoderant that crumpled the first day I went to use it, but I sort of molded it back to shape and used it gingerly. I also want to look at hats since when I got my eyes checked I was told I should always wear a hat and sunglasses. Then I want to buy some drinks for the room.

No comments: